The number of containers on my trash fee bill is incorrect.
The City's records indicate that you have the specific numbers of city-provided trash containers at your service location. You can file a Trash Fee Change/Dispute Form, indicating the correct number of containers at your property. This form can be found online or can be received by calling Customer Service at (413) 736-3111. Customers may also file a dispute when they pay at the Collector's Office.
Disputes must be filed within forty-five (45) days of the bill date to be eligible for adjustment in the current fiscal year. Any dispute forms received after the deadline will still be reviewed, however, changes will not be effective until the following fiscal year.
If any of your containers was stolen or is missing, you must file a police report and attach it with your form.
The City reserves the right to inspect your property to verify the actual number of containers in use.
Trash Fee FAQ:
- I thought the trash fee was invalidated by the court.
- I thought the trash fee was invalidated by State legislation.
- Is this a permanent fee?
- How much is the trash fee?
- Will this fee increase in the future?
- Are there discounts from the fee?
- When will I get the new bill?
- When are the bills due?
- What happens if I pay late?
- What happens if I don't pay the fee?
- Why did the City take my trash bin away?
- How can I pay for this fee?
- Can I re-join the city trash program after I leave it?
- The number of containers on my trash fee bill is incorrect.
- I did not receive credit for the return of additional container(s).
- I only received the discount on one (1) container.
- I do not have city trash service at my property.
- The name of the owner on the bill is incorrect.
- Can I have the trash bill sent to a third party, who is not the primary owner?
- The service location on the bill is incorrect.
- The mailing address on the bill is incorrect.
- When will my bill be adjusted?
- My payment did not show on the bill.
- Can I schedule the trash fee payment through an automated debit to my bank?
- Can I add the trash fee payment to my bank's existing real estate escrow account?
- Do I have to pay the trash fee if my property is vacant?
- Can I return any unwanted or unused containers?
- Can I get a prorated bill?
- Do I have to pay the trash fee if I live in a condominium or mobile home?
- Will I be billed for containers assigned to my property, even if they are missing?
- Can I deduct this fee from my taxes?
- Who is responsible for paying the trash fee?
- Do I have to pay if I have private trash collection?
- Do I have to pay the fee if I rent?
- How much do I pay if I have a 60-gallon container?
- Do I have to pay for recycled items?
- Does the fee include disposal of bulky items?
- Will this fee change the way the trash is collected?
- How can I report a problem with my bill?
- How can I get more information?
- Can I pay the trash fee quarterly or set up a payment plan?