I did not receive credit for the return of additional container(s).
The City initially provided one (1) automated container at no charge in addition to the trash fee to each occupied residential unit customer currently serviced by the city. Your primary container must remain on the property. If you decide to opt out of the City's trash service, the City will reclaim your bin.
If additional rubbish is generated on the premises that cannot be accommodated by regularly scheduled service in the automated container provided, residents should dispose of additional trash in overflow bags, requiring an authorized label (sticker) and may be purchased at Big Y stores in East Longmeadow, Ludlow, Longmeadow, and West Springfield.
The City will process a cancellation of service request for additional container(s) upon receipt of a Trash Fee Change/Dispute Form. Payments are non-proratable and non-refundable.
If you returned a container(s) in the past and have not received proper credit on your current bill, please file the Trash Fee Change/Dispute Form and attach the written proof of such authorized return.
Trash Fee FAQ:
- I thought the trash fee was invalidated by the court.
- I thought the trash fee was invalidated by State legislation.
- Is this a permanent fee?
- How much is the trash fee?
- Will this fee increase in the future?
- Are there discounts from the fee?
- When will I get the new bill?
- When are the bills due?
- What happens if I pay late?
- What happens if I don't pay the fee?
- Why did the City take my trash bin away?
- How can I pay for this fee?
- Can I re-join the city trash program after I leave it?
- The number of containers on my trash fee bill is incorrect.
- I did not receive credit for the return of additional container(s).
- I only received the discount on one (1) container.
- I do not have city trash service at my property.
- The name of the owner on the bill is incorrect.
- Can I have the trash bill sent to a third party, who is not the primary owner?
- The service location on the bill is incorrect.
- The mailing address on the bill is incorrect.
- When will my bill be adjusted?
- My payment did not show on the bill.
- Can I schedule the trash fee payment through an automated debit to my bank?
- Can I add the trash fee payment to my bank's existing real estate escrow account?
- Do I have to pay the trash fee if my property is vacant?
- Can I return any unwanted or unused containers?
- Can I get a prorated bill?
- Do I have to pay the trash fee if I live in a condominium or mobile home?
- Will I be billed for containers assigned to my property, even if they are missing?
- Can I deduct this fee from my taxes?
- Who is responsible for paying the trash fee?
- Do I have to pay if I have private trash collection?
- Do I have to pay the fee if I rent?
- How much do I pay if I have a 60-gallon container?
- Do I have to pay for recycled items?
- Does the fee include disposal of bulky items?
- Will this fee change the way the trash is collected?
- How can I report a problem with my bill?
- How can I get more information?
- Can I pay the trash fee quarterly or set up a payment plan?